BSNL JTO Recruitment
Online registrations: March 6 to April 6, 2017
Posts: Junior Telecom Officer – 2510 vacancies
While the pay-scale shall be Rs.16400-40,500, your total emoluments would be approx Rs.43,000 /month excluding perks, medical benefits etc.,
Since vacancies exist in 21 circles, candidates are allowed to apply only for one circle where he/ she deserves to serve.
Eligible: Having understood about the post & vacancies, now see if you satisfy the eligibility conditions fixed by BSNL for this JTO recruitment:
- Age to be within 18 – 30 years as on January 1, 2017 (+3 yrs for OBC/ +5 yrs for SC/ST)
- Degree: Under BSNL JTO recruitment, candidates should possess BE/ BTech or equivalent in Telecom/ Electronics/ Radio/ Computer/ Electrical/ Information Technology/ Instrumentation Engg. or M.Sc (Electronics)/ M.Sc(Computer Science)
- GATE: Should appear in GATE exam 2017 opting one paper from the selected 4 disciplines of GATE paper codes i.e. CS / EC / EE / IN
There is no mention about B.Sc or MBA/ MCA degrees in the notification.So candidates with those educational qualifications are deemed ineligible for JTO recruitment.
BSNL will not conduct any written examination or interview for these vacancies.Instead, they are to consider the GATE 2017 exam scores of applicants for final selections.
All candidates who apply for BSNL JTO recruitment should also apply for GATE exam that would be held by IIT Roorkee, in the month of February 2017.
- After the results of GATE 2017 is released, a circle wise merit list will be prepared by BSNL.
- Based on the GATE scores, cutoffs & merit list for appointment as junior telecom officer are to be released.
Service Bond: All selected candidates need to execute a service bond to serve BSNL for a period of atleast 2 years from the date of joining.
How to Apply:
Aspirants looking to apply for this BSNL Junior Telecom Officer recruitment should pay Rs.500 (general/ OBC) & Rs.300 (for SC/ST) through online mode via net banking, credit or debit card – before April 6, 2017.
The online registration & online fee payment facility is available only at www.externalexam.bsnl.co.in & there is no need to send physical copy of the application by post.
Candidates age limit should be between 18 and 30 years as on 31st January, 2017. Age relaxation is applicable to five years for SC and ST candidates, 3 years for OBC Candidates and 10 years for OC-PWD candiates.
The upper age limit relaxation is as per the standing instructions of Government of India for the following categories:-
1. Upto five (5) years for SC and ST candidates
2. Upto three (3) years for OBC candidates
3. Upto fifteen (15) years for SC/ST-PWD candidates
4. Upto thirteen(13) years for OBC-PWD candidates
5. Upto ten (10) years for OC-PWD candidates
6. Upto five (5) years for BSNL employees
7. Ex-Servicemen will get the benefit of age relaxation as per Central Govt. Rules.
8. For residents of J & K, relaxation shall be in accordance with DoP & T’s notification No. 15012/7/1991-Estt.(D) dated 07-12-2007, pertaining to “Residents of State of Jammu & Kashmir (Relaxation of upper age limit for recruitment to Central Civil Services & Posts) Rules-1997