How to prepare for JET Exam ?
1. A sum of Rs. 1360 has been divided among X, Y and Z such that X gets 2/3 of what Y gets and Y gets 1/4 of what Z gets. Y’s share is:
b. Rs. 160
2. If x-y= 3 and x2+y2=29, find the value of xy
3. Ram gets on the elevator at the 11th floor of a building and rides up at the rate of 57 floors per minute. At the same time, Shyam gets on an elevator at the 51st floor of the same building and rides down at the rate of 63 floors per minute. If they continue travelling at these rates, then at which floor will their paths cross ?
4. The salary of all employees is increased twice successively by 20%. What is the net percentage increase in their salaries?
5. In an examination it is necessary for a candidate to get 45 % of the maximum marks to pass. A candidate who gets 180 marks, fails by 45 marks. Find the maximum marks.
6. 10 litres of water is added to 50 litres of a solution containing 20% of alcohol in water . What is the strength of alcohol in the solution now ?
b. 16 2/3 %
c. 12 1/2 %
d. 33 1/3 %
7. In his speech he vowed to…………..the four billion unbanked individuals across the world into the…………..of financial inclusion.
(A) represent, sphere
(B) target, area
(C) bring, realm
(D) engage, achievement
(E) convince, era
8. Although he puts in…………..of overtime and takes few holidays, he………… cannot support his family.
(A) sufficient, however
(B) lot, besides
(C) much, thus
(D) plenty, still
(E) frequency, yet
9. They have been…………..on incentives to…………..these practices are implemented nat grass root level.
(A) relying, ensure
(B) improving, secure
(C) advocating, confirm
(D) debating, necessitate
(E) focusing, display
10. And though one did not (a)/ quite believe his claim, (b)/ one saw no harm (c)/ in granting him
permission. (d)/ No error (e)
11. If you hate me, (a)/ then you should (b)/ leave my house. (c)/ No error (d)
12. When he went out (a)/ he left the radio on (b)/ so that his parents shall think (c)/ that he was
still in the house. (d)/ No error (e)
13. More leisure, as well as an abundance of goods, (a)/ are attainable (b)/ through automation. (c)/
No error (d)
14. 1.5, 3, 5.5, 9, 13.5, 19, …
15. Which term of the series 5,8,11,14,…….is 320?
16. In the series 5, 10, 20, 40,….what will be the 10th term?
17. QPO, SRQ, UTS, WVU, ?
18. deb ijg nol ? xyv
19. AB, DEF, HIJK, ? , STUVWX
20. shg rif qje ? olc